Thursday, February 4, 2010

No new picts, but one great tough old bird


This is my stepmom, Darlene. I didn't call her my stepmom. I called her Darlene. She married my dad one month before I married Cuddle Buns. Because we moved way south and Dad and Darlene continued to live in the midwest, I didn't know Darlene very well until these last few years. I am so glad I got to know her. She was great for my dad, had a wonderful sense of humor, and fought her health problems with fierceness. ("Tough old bird" was mentioned more than once by everyone, including her doctor.) She also took care of my dad, maybe too well, even when she should have been resting with her feet up.  She went to bed before the sun went down, and was up way before the chickens. When she was up early in the morning, she was talking to Jesus. She always asked about my mom. She loved Rudy and still mourned the loss of their dog, Jamie. She taught me that not all is as it seems. And when it is, it is, and you may not be able to do anything about it.  I have come to love her dearly. 

She passed early this morning. Her lungs just weren't equipped to keep up with her heart. We miss her.

1 comment: